Friday 9 September 2011

I'm not there, but my work is...


Tonight is the private view at PSL and I'll be projecting myself there in spirit, as for reasons of ill-health I'm presently unable to travel up to Leeds. I would have loved to meet the other artists, to see their work, and for that matter mine with theirs, but it will have to wait. In the mean-time my art will have to represent me. I confess I'm almost jealous of my pieces, out in the world to start their conversations, to form or refuse relationships, make new stories.

PEERING SIDEWAYS
Three group shows by artists from London, Manchester and
members of the Art House in Wakefield

10 September - 10 December 2011
PRIVATE VIEW Friday 9 September 2011, 6-8pm

Open Wed-Sat 12-5pm or by appointment
Free entry

PSL [Project Space Leeds]
Whitehall Waterfront
2 Riverside Way
Leeds LS1 4EH

2 comments:

frillip moolog: said...

Marion it is exciting that your work is out there. What you are describing is how it feels to be the mother of teenage children. Your pieces are 'out there' living their own lives , making their own connections and moving on. But you will always have the knowledge and pride that you gave birth to them.

Cally said...

Wow you've made LOADS that I've not seen before. I totally get your frustration at not going out to play with your pieces. I like the comment frillip made about having given birth to them.

I think that's why I'm so passionate about my plants these days, they've filled the art void until I can make again and it's so good to feel like something beautiful exists that wouldn't have otherwise. I'm sure your pieces have been representing you well in Leeds.