Sunday 8 July 2007

Drawing with light





Yesterday a burst of energy coincided with perfect weather conditions and I was finally able to try something that had been on my mind for ages. Summer seemed to be back (last seen in April) - the sun was shining full-blast and I took outside a copper-wire doily I’d crocheted. The sharpness of the shadow-drawings delights me no end. Glad I seized the moment as sky overcast today again.
(if you click on the individual pix you can look at them full-size, it's worth it)

4 comments:

redredday said...

dear Marjojo, thank you for your thoughtfull comment. i didn't do anything today but sat and look at my work scattered about, and i just realized it is just as you put it - to let the work breathe...it did not occur to me to think of it this way until you mentioned it, and now i see that indeed i really needed some space myself to just sit back and take in a couple of deep breaths as well...

i see this here with your copper-wire doily and it brings a smile just imagining you outside playing so happily with it. i did not know that it was actually copper wire (thought you just meant the color) until i saw the bigger images. so beautiful in the shimmering light. i wish i could be surrounded by all your work.

natasha said...

gosh this is lovely! i have crocheted lots of jewelry with wire and it is so fun to work with, and you can add anything you like. your work is amazing.

Catherine Scriven said...

drawing with light, wire, crocheting, you might like to look at susie macmurrays website and work. She takes materials and see what they can do, takes them to their limits. just put her name into google.

Susan Kruse said...

Nice! :-)